Tuesday, September 6, 2016

We Cut the Cable!

For about a year, I have been very unhappy with the amount we have been paying for cable. We live in a small, rural community where things like cable tv and electric lights are at a premium. Okay, I'm kidding about the electric lights part but the cable and internet rates are through the roof.

Paying over $100 a month has been a pain in my side but Lord knows my husband couldn't miss a UGA or Cavaliers game!. So I cringed every month as I clicked "submit" on a payment of $193 to cover the cost of our cable and internet. Until enough was enough!

I bought a Roku device through Groupon. It's an older model but it does the trick. I set it up and added Sling TV and Netflix to start us off. Both offered a free 30 trial so that was nice. And I made the big decision to CUT THE CABLE! In fairness, I did wait until after the NBA finals.

It has definitely taken some getting used to. We had to make sure we had enough devices to get cable in our usual lounging around spots. I have to say though. Our cable bill is now $32.00!! That's a huge monthly savings for us.

Although we don't get all the channels that we want or all the options like we had before that savings is definitely worth it. Plus, thanks to super busy schedules-we are actually paying for the amount of tv we actually watch!

Definitely worth the switch!

No comments:

Post a Comment