Monday, June 27, 2016

It's been a while...

It's been a while since I posted. A lot has happened since my last post.

1. I'm pregnant! We are expecting a new bundle of joy in our house this October! We kept it pretty quiet until I made it through my first trimester but we are now 23 weeks along and the planning and excitement has begun. Sorry I have no cute maternity pics to share. I just started showing in the last few weeks and haven't really had a photo opportunity with good lighting.

2. My Dad passed away. He never took care of himself well. Well, who am I kidding? He drank beer like a fish and refused to go to the doctor. He died after several weeks in the hospital. Even though we weren't extremely close when I was growing up, we were pretty close in the last six years. My son loved him and it was so hard to lose him.

3. It's a boy! We found out a week after my Dad died that I am having a boy. I already planned to name him after my Dad and Grandpa but I didn't get a chance to share the happy news with my Dad. For some reason, this was the most bothersome to me. I had this burning desire for my Dad to know if I was having a boy or girl before he died. Oh well.

If there is one thing I have learned in life, it's that nothing is a guarantee and life is cruel by design. You can either choose to clutch the wonderful moments as they float by or you can fade away into the darkness. Either way we will all die one day but you have the chose on how you want to spend your few years one earth. You can leave this world better than you found it or not.

I definitely choose to make the most of what I have-give or take a few bad days.


No comments:

Post a Comment