Thursday, December 31, 2015

NYE & Resolutions



Our NYE plans are kinda boring this year. Actually, they are very boring. Since most of my area has been under a flood watch for the past two weeks, I have kinda ruled out a nice backyard bonfire for tonight. I would ask my mom to watch our child so we could go out but she'll be pumping water out of her basement. Truth be told, we will probably be asleep at midnight tonight but I'm okay with that. I have had a pretty good year this year. As I sit down to make my new year's resolutions like everyone else I can not help but think of all the awesome things we accomplished this year and how much there is to do next year. I also dwell on missed opportunities today. No, I don't mean chances to go to the gym, lose weight, or learn to parasail. I mean opportunities to go and just sit with my Dad and Granddaddy. Opportunities to visit my elderly neighbor whose husband passed away several years ago. Opportunities to be more of a blessing than just busy.

I took a bible study this year. I typically take to many and have no room to breath in between and never finish my homework or my memory versus honestly but this one made me so happy. I truly enjoyed it. It was called "The Best Yes: Making Wise Decisions in the midst of endless demands" by Lysa Terkeurst. I can honestly say that this was just what I needed at the moment I needed it. Well, actually I had already agreed to coach a soccer team which was a huge mistake before I read the book but it did help me transform me way of thinking about filling my time. I want to fill my time with things that will make a lasting impression on my life and the person who I am sharing my time with. No more fillers! That's the goal anyway. Quality or quantity.  Prayer before action. I am spending today finishing up those loose ends before 2016 like a true procrastinator. Returning an overdue library book, going to the office and filing some paperwork I should have filed before we left for the holiday, doing my final house cleaning sweep and making a batch of goodies in the kitchen before we ring in the new year.

New Year Resolutions:

1. LOVE- Learning to love. period. Love myself. Love my house. Love my neighbor. Really learn what it means to love and act like it instead of letting the hateful unhappy people of this world show me how to act and respond to life. I will LOVE.

2.  NO- Use this word more. Pray on, really think about any decision with the word "Yes" and what that would mean. Use the word no more than yes this year until I find my true purpose.

3. BAKE- This is one of my true loves but I push it to the side due to the dreading FEAR word. This year I want to bake more, learn more about baking, improve my skills.

4. APPRECIATE- Realize that I am so blessed to have all that I have. Be thankful for my gifts everyday.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment