Sunday, August 30, 2015

5 Reasons Fall Makes Me a Better Mom

Fall in my time. It's my favorite time of year. When Mama's happy, everyone's happy.
Here is a list of things that make Mama happy.

1. Cooler Weather. As the temperature rises here in the South, my patience level lowers. I don't know if you have ever lived in a region that is described as "muggy" but if you have, you know what humidity can do to your sanity. Weeks of 90 degrees with a heat index of 105 plus 90% humidity can make you want to turn on each other like a bunch of rabid dogs. When you get your hair and makeup all fixed up only to have it run down your face before you can step foot into your office. It's been way too hot to get into the yard with the kids because we get dizzy and sunburned within 30 minutes. ugh! Oh, how I love the South. I'm looking forward to some cooler weather so we can get back outside again and enjoy a cool breeze.

 2. Pretty Colors. There is something about fall colors that just put me in a good mood. I was born in October so maybe it's in my blood. Orange, Red, Yellow, and Brown make me happy.

 3. Pumpkin Spice. My favorite flavor!! This makes my morning better immediately. If I can't get to Starbucks for a cup, I add a little pumpkin spice to my coffee grounds right before I brew them in the coffee pot. It gives it a hint of pumpkin spice flavor. When I have my pumpkin spice coffee I can deal with anything-hyperactive kids, cranky co-workers, etc.

 4. Sweater Weather. I'm one of these girls that always has a sweater on or close by. My Fall wardrobe is always much cuter than my Summer. I love investing in boots, trouser pants, and sweaters. I love dressing my son in cute sweaters too.

 5. Holiday Fever. This is the time of year that my holiday fever goes into overdrive. I drove my husband crazy last year because the Hallmark Channel started showing Holiday movies around Thanksgiving and I watched them every. single. night. My son was born Christmas eve and both my nieces have December birthdays. So every year I'm working my butt off to find a way to get presents for everyone on a budget. That is no easy task and it takes lots of planning to make it happen. I spend a lot of time with my son doing crafts starting in mid-October and ending sometime mid-December. He loves Christmas because it's his birthday so we drink a lot of hot chocolate, put together our Santa wish lists and get ready for the best time of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment