Friday, July 10, 2015

Book Review: A Beautiful Mess Happy Handmade Home: Painting, Crafting, and Decorating a Cheerful, More Inspiring Space

I just finished reading "A Beautiful Mess Happy Handmade Home: Painting, Crafting, and Decorating a Cheerful, More Inspiring Space" by Elsie Larson and Emma Chapman and this book was so inspirational. These two sisters give you a glimpse of what their life is like through colorful, well though out modern textures and patterns. A love the combination of retro modern style. Their diy projects are simple and easy to follow which I love since crafting can be very intimidating sometimes.

I have to say that my favorite part was the inspirational part in the front about just following your own style and not trying to copy someone else's. This definitely hit home with me. I will spend hours looking at what I think are perfect homes and realize that A. that would never work for my house and B. I don't think that is truly me.

Personal style is a journey and I like the way this book gives you some out of the box inspiration to help you get started with yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment