Monday, September 15, 2014

Quick Buttermilk Biscuits


We spend quite a bit of money every week on breakfast. Not made with love breakfast but quick and expensive gas station and drive thru kinda breakfast. I decided to make us some biscuits this weekend that I could use to make us homemade breakfast sandwiches with. And bonus-I found my dough attachments for my hand mixer so it was a lot easier than mixing them by hand.
Buttermilk Biscuits
4 Cups of self rising flour plus some to make the dough nit sticky when your actually forming the biscuits. 
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
2 Cups Buttermilk
2/3 Cups of Crisco-chilled

I mixed all the ingredients together and slowly added buttermilk. I used a dough attachment on my hand mixer but you could definitely use your hands or a fancy standing mixer.
I floured my counter service and used extra flour to prevent sticking. I also used the top of a coffee cup to form my biscuits because I don't have a biscuit cutter. 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 8-10 minutes roughly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment